SSTA provides a unique, friendly work environment that reflects our organizations strong values and high standards and quality of service. We value and appreciate the hard work of our employees, and we are always looking to add qualified individuals to our team!
We’re excited that you want to join us. Thank you for taking the time to explore career opportunities at SSTA
We are looking for a reliable Ride Coordinator/Dispatcher to act as a communication point for all SSTA drivers on the road. You will use our automated scheduling software to; transmit messages and track vehicles, schedule and move same day rides, and act as the point of contact for all of our amazing drivers on the road! The ideal candidate must be primarily an excellent communicator and able to remain calm and composed in varying situations. You will be asked to multi-task as well as take the appropriate action with little supervision. The goal is to enable different parties to communicate well by ensuring the accurate and timely transmission of information.
Previous experience is a plus, but not required! We have a great team here to help train and get you up to speed.
- Address driver problems and requests by transmitting information or providing solutions
- Receive and dispatch changes to same-day rides
- Use radio, phone or computer to send information out to drivers on the road
- Monitor the route and status of SSTA vehicles to coordinate and prioritize their schedule
- Provide SSTA drivers with information about changes, traffic, obstacles and other pertinent information
- Enter data into computer system and maintain each day’s schedule of rides
- Tech-savvy with knowledge of computer and software functions
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Outstanding organizational and multitasking abilities
- Active listener with excellent communication skills
- Sound judgement and critical thinking
- High school diploma
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $20.50 per hour
Please use the following link to apply for this position; click here to apply for the dispatch position
Para Transit Drivers
We are looking for a Driver to transport SSTA clients in a comfortable, safe and timely manner. Driver responsibilities include driving a 27′ lift-equipped van, providing reliable door-to-door transportation service to those in need, and arranging regular cleaning and maintenance services for the vehicle. Ultimately, you will help us increase customer satisfaction, making sure clients who depend on us for their transportation needs are delivered best-in-class service!. To be considered for this role, you should have a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record with no traffic violations, and a desire to contribute to your community!. Note that you don’t need to have a car; we provide drivers with our own vehicles.
- Ensure vehicle is safe and clean each shift
- Pick up clients from the place and at the time they’ve requested
- Assist clients with loading and unloading
- Communicate with dispatch regarding circumstances of the day
- Provide a smiling face for SSTA’s outstanding clients!
- Ensure safety practices are adhered to at all times
- Properly respond to emergency situations when they arise
- Proven experience as a Driver
- A valid driver’s license
- A clean driving record
- Familiarity with GPS devices
- Knowledge of area roads and neighborhoods
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Availability to occasionally take weekend and night shifts
- A polite and professional disposition
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour)
- A high school diploma
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time available
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
Please use the following link to apply for this position; click here to apply for the driver position
ALL candidates must complete our application in full.
SSTA offers a robust benefits package, competitive pay, paid holidays, and vacation time.
SSTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SSTA is subject to the rules and regulations of the Drug and Alcohol Policy.